Margaret has worked as a lecturer and a teacher, helping aspiring writers achieve their goals. Her students have ranged from mid-career journalists looking to switch from staff positions to freelance careers, to undergraduate students, to those entering the field from other industries.
She has given how-to presentations to audiences at the American Society of Journalists and Authors, Vanderbilt University, Illinois Woman’s Press Association, Off Campus Writers’ Workshop, Chicago Women in Publishing and other corporate groups and associations. She has also taught in more traditional classroom venues including the Medill School of Journalism, Columbia College of Chicago, MediaBistro.com, the Society of Features Journalism, and others. In summer 2019 she’ll be teaching at The Porch in Nashville.
Contact Margaret for information on one-on-one mentoring and custom presentations and workshops at 615.228.1559; margaret [at] littmanwrites [dot] com.
Recommended reads and other resources for writers:
- Ready, Aim, Specialize!: Create Your Own Writing Specialty and Make More Money, by Kelly James-Enger
- Six-Figure Freelancing, by Kelly James-Enger
- Math for Writers, by Laura Laing
- Freelance Success
- The Porch
- American Society of Journalists and Authors
- Society of American Travel Writers
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Dog Writers Association of America